Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Sept 11, 2019 Completed VS - started urinary

WELCOME TO HST II
A positive thought in the morning can make your entire day positive


Don't forget to SCROLL DOWN
Reminders:

Please have all your signed paperwork in ASAP
HOSA dues are due Sept 20- to learn more about HOSA visit www.hosa.org
Body World Exhibit Oct 21st please check your calendars and let me know if you  can make it
HOSA meetings Sept 26th



Classtime Wednesday 11th
Review of Vital Signs


Homework Wednesday Sept 11
Review information from class

Homework Thursday Sept 12
Packet pages  12 and 13  (review page 14)
Study for quiz on urinary system

Homework Friday Sept 13:
read pages 536-543 ureters-  patho
packet pages 4-5





Competencies we are covering this unit for vital signs 
Competency:
Technical skills:  apply technical skills for all career specialties and demonstrate skills and knowledge as appropriate

Learning targets :
1.  I can list the 4 main vital signs
2.  I can measure and record oral temperatures accurately using different types of thermometers ( oral / ear/ tympanic/)
3.  I can measure and record radial pusle to an accuracy within +/- 2 beats per minute
4.  I can count and record respirations to an accuracy within +/- 1 respiration per minute
5.  i can measure and record apical pulse to an accuracy within +/- 2 beats per minute
6.  I can measure and record blood pressure to an accuracy within  +/-  2 mm of actual mercury reading
7.  I can state the normal ranges for oral/ axillary/rectal temperature.
8.  I can state the normal ranges for pulse, respiration, systolic and diastolic pressures.
9.  I can define , pronounce and spell all key terms in this unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment